|This camp was created not only because we wanted to give back to the Durham community but also because
we enjoy passing along our passion for the wonderful game of basketball to other youngsters. It is a
tremendous game with so many life-long benefits and one of the primary goals of this camp is to inspire our
campers to develop and enhance their understanding and love of the game. Here is some general information
about the camp along with some of its exciting features... Please note: Our camp tax ID # is 20-44-54321.
* FOR: We invited girls and boys ages 5 to 17 years old to attend our camp (Enrollment is on a first-come first-serve basis).
* WHEN: (Dates) July 9th - 13th
* WHEN: (Time) Monday-Thursday (9:00a - 4:00p), Friday (9:00a - 3:00p).
* WHERE: Camp will take place at Northern High School in Durham, NC (Check in is at the High School Gym)
* LUNCH: Campers should bring their own lunch (refrigeration will not be available). Pizza, snacks and drinks will be on sale.
* EQUIPMENT: Campers are required to wear a tee-shirt, gym shorts and basketball sneakers.
* CONFIRMATION: Camper/parent will receive one email or letter confirming camp acceptance.
* VISITORS: Parents may watch camp games from the bleacher seats and/or other designated seating areas.
* SCHEDULES: Daily and game schedules will be posted in each gym (they are subject to change to check with your camper).
* TEAMS: Team will be based on age, size and ability. Players may be "traded" for competitive balance (please no requests).
* All campers will have the chance to meet and learn from past Duke and ACC star and current NBA/professional players.
* Camp Director Nate James learned the game from Hall of Fame Duke Head Coach Mike Krzyzewski.
* Guest speakers, consisting of primarily of accomplished former ACC players, will offer inspirational messages.
* Individual station with low coach-to-camper ratios will focus on skills development.
* Campers will be separated by gender and age for competitive balance except for guest speakers, lectures and drills.
* Girls will be placed in our special WNBA Division (when number permit).
* We will have adjustable baskets available for our younger campers.
* Camp will be FUN for campers for all ages with daily shooting contest, games and scrimmages(with terrific instruction).
* Campers will love Championship Friday which feature tournaments and All-Star Games.
* Prizes will include posters, tee-shirts and more.
Click on the above schedule to open in a PDF
Boys & Girls Basketball Camp